Berkey Water Filter Policies
Please call our Customer Service Center for help with order cancellations or changes to an order. We cannot cancel or change orders by email notification. We make every effort to ship orders within 24 hours of receipt, for this reason, order cancellations or changes may not be possible.
Undeliverable or Refused packages returned to us will incur a $12.00 return fee and a 10% handling fee. These fees will be deducted from the amount refunded.
100 % Satisfaction 30 day Guarantee
Within 30 days of your purchase date, if for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may call Customer Service for a RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization.#.). You may then, at your expense, return the items to us in their original packaging with all included parts and literature. When received, you will be issued a refund of the purchase price less any shipping costs incurred by us for the original shipment. Returns without a RMA # will be charged a 20% handling fee.
Follow the return instructions listed below. Failure to do so will result in up to a 20% handling fee that will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Our Warranty – Beyond 30 days
In the event that a replacement is needed for a part covered by the warranty, please call Customer Service for additional information and to receive a RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization #.)
Returns will not be accepted without a RMA #, beyond 30 days after the purchase date.
Standard Manufacturer 6 Month Warranty
With the exception of the unit housings and Black Berkey Purification Elements,*1 all products, to include Berkey PF-2 Fluoride Filters, parts, and accessories are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 6 months from the purchase date.
*1Berkey Filters 2 Year Warranty - Prorated in 6 Month Intervals
The Black Berkey Purification Elements and unit housings are warranted for a 2-year period, prorated in 6 month intervals.
Berkey Care Lifetime Warranty
For our customers who choose to register*2 at the time of their purchase, we offer a lifetime warranty on select Berkey Systems*3.
If at any time the unit housing(s), standard spigot, washers, hole plugs, knob, or wing nuts of your stainless steel Berkey System fails in anyway due to defects in materials or workmanship, contact Berkey Filters and we will promptly replace the part in question free of charge (Customer will be responsible for shipping charges). The lifetime warranty does not cover damage caused by carelessness, accidents, or abuse/unintended use of the system. This warranty does not cover filters. This is an exclusive offer to our valued customers from Berkey Filters and is in addition to all other stated warranties.
*2 To register, create an account prior to making a purchase by clicking My Account in the top right hand corner of our webpage. Next click Create an Account. Fill in the required fields and click Submit.
Account Benefits: By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and you will receive exclusive discounts and promotional codes.
*3 Includes: Travel Berkey, Big Berkey, Royal Berkey, Imperial Berkey, Crown Berkey
Attention! Failure to follow these return instructions will result in up to a 20% handling fee being deducted from the amount refunded.
- Disassemble the unit. Removing the filters, the spigot and knob.
- Allow purification elements and/or PF2 fluoride filters to dry for 24 hours. Then place them in a re-sealable storage bag.
- Place all parts, such as, the knob, spigot and hole plugs in their original bag or a re-sealable bag.
- Place inside the UPPER chamber the filtration elements and parts with enough packing material to secure the items from moving around.
- Turn the lower chamber upside down and fit it over the upper chamber. Flip the entire unit over and place the lid on the lower chamber.
- Put the system inside the original product box and seal shut.
- Place the product box inside of a shipping box big enough to allow for proper packing material to prevent damage to the products being returned.
James Enterprise Inc/Berkey Filters
1976 Aspen Cir
Pueblo, CO 81006
Due to a California state law passed in 2010, we, as well as all other Berkey distributors, are prohibited from shipping larger Berkey systems directly in the states of California. This is commonly referred to as the "no lead law." Of course Berkey products do not contain lead and even have the ability to remove lead at 99.9%, but under this law, Berkey and its dealers are forced to suspend shipment of our larger water purification systems in to the state of California. If you would like to continue with the California address for shipping, the Travel Berkey and the Berkey Light are approved to ship directly into the state. If you are purchasing a Berkey system as a gift to be shipped to someone in another state, we accept payment from residents in all 50 states.
The state of Iowa has established regulations and procedures for the sale of water systems. Under this regulation, the state of Iowa requires that any water treatment system that is sold in the state first be certified by an independent, third-party testing agency, such as NSF, before the system can be considered eligible for sale in Iowa. The cost for NSF Certification is very expensive and provides nothing of value in the emergency water treatment industry. The tests we have conducted are much more rigorous than those required by NSF for the certifications mandated by the state of Iowa. Our purifiers have been rigorously tested by third-party independent accredited labs far surpassing the above standard of taste, odor and chlorine reduction. Berkey has concluded that the additional taxes, certifications and red tape have created too large of a barrier for their dealers to offer Berkey Systems in the state of Iowa. If you are purchasing a Berkey system as a gift to be shipped to someone in another state, we accept payment from residents in all 50 states. Berkey products that may be sold in the state of Iowa include: replacement items/parts and accessories.
We offer free shipping on all orders over $50.00 if the order is shipping within the continental United States.
All free shipping orders will be shipped by the carrier of our choice.
If you wish to have control over the shipping method or require a specific carrier, you must pay for shipping by that carrier. At checkout, please choose the carrier of your choice from the pull down menu. If you choose the free shipping option, you must provide us with a physical address. We will not ship to a PO Box. If you do not have a physical address free shipping is not an option for you. If you require shipping to a P.O box, you must choose USPS in the pull down menu during during checkout. If we receive your order with free shipping chosen, and you did not supply a physical address, the order will be put on hold until we resolve the issue with you.
The customer is responsible for any customs, brokerage or other fees that may be incurred as a result of the merchandise crossing the Canadian border. Please check with your local government before ordering so you are aware of what, if any, additional charges there may be to you. Merchandise refused, or returned for any reason from an order shipped to Canada will incur a 20% re-stocking fee that will be deducted from the total amount refunded.
We offer expedited shipping methods through UPS (Next Day Air, Second Day Air and 3rd Day Select). Orders for this expedited service placed before 12:00 pm (noon) MST on a regular business day (M-F), will be shipped that day. Orders placed after this time will be shipped the next day, unless that day is a holiday or weekend, then it would ship the next available business day. UPS does not deliver on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays. Under certain rare circumstances that are sometimes beyond our control, we are not able to get orders out for Next Day Air Service. Under these rare circumstances we will contact you for further instructions and directions on how to proceed.
All online transactions are conducted over a secure server verified by McAfee while using the industry's highest standard security certificate.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Berkey Filters's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Berkey Filters's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Berkey Filters at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Berkey Filters's web site are provided "as is". Berkey Filters makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Berkey Filters does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Berkey Filters or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Berkey Filters's Internet site, even if Berkey Filters or a Berkey Filters authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Berkey Filters's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Berkey Filters does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Berkey Filters may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Berkey Filters does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Berkey Filters has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Berkey Filters of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Berkey Filters's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Promotional Items
Any product that's returned without a promotional item(s) that was included in the original transaction (e.g., spend $175 or more and get a free boroux bottle), will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the amount refunded.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We accept major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), money orders, cashier's checks andrs, all others will be shipped the next business day. Personal checks will be held 7 business days before shipping occurs.
Certified Berkey Distributor
We are a certified dealer of Berkey water filters appointed by New Millennium Concepts LTD.
Customer Complaints or Concerns
We at Berkey Filters understand that customer feedback is a vital tool in providing quality service and we welcome any comments or suggestions.
Mailing Address- 1976 Aspen Circle, Pueblo, CO 81006