Testing the Black Berkey Purification Elements
The Black Berkey purification elements in your water filter system have unmatched water filtering ability. In order for these filters to perform properly they need to installed correctly. The most frequent reason the filters would fail this test is an inadequate seal between the filter and the stainless container. If red dye leaks past this seal the filter would not have a chance to remove the red dye from this water. Usually tightening the wing nut would solve this leaking. Because the Black Berkey filters are somewhat fragile, they may become damaged at the seam where the filter attaches to the plastic base. On the rare occasion that this happens the filter would fail this test and would need replaced.
To determine whether the Black Berkey Elements are working properly, perform the following test using red food coloring. If the Berkey unit contains the PF-2 elements in addition to the Black Berkey Elements, remove the PF-2 elements prior to the test.
- Remove the upper container from your Berkey water filter system and pour out any water it contains.
- Depending on the number of Black Berkey filters your system has, choose a clear drinking water glass for each filter. These glasses need to be the same in height, preferably the exact same glass.
- Set these glasses inside the empty lower container. The glasses should be spaced out about the same distance as the elements on your system.
- Place the upper container on the lower container, making sure that the water that exits each filter drips into the glass below it.
- Add approximately one gallon of clean water to the upper container then add one teaspoon of red food coloring to the water in the upper chamber. The water in the upper chamber should have a red tint.
- Allow the water to filter from the upper container into the glasses below for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the upper container and pour out the water.
- Remove the glasses from the lower container one at a time and inspect the water. If the filtered water has a pink or red tint this would indicate that the filter is not working properly.
- Make a note of which filter passed the red food coloring and contact our Customer Service department for further instructions.
- Do not allow wet purification elements to freeze.
- Do not place purification elements in dishwasher.
- Do not place purification elements in microwave oven.
- Do not boil purification elements.
- Do not clean purification elements with detergents or soaps.
- Do not store purification elements until completely dry.
- Do not allow purification elements to sit in the direct sun for extended periods of time.
- Do not place Berkey unit near a heat source or in direct sunlight.