Archives : pet water
So, you bought a Berkey. Now you get to enjoy pure, chemical free water. If you are like me then you are super excited about your new water purifier. So much so that you want to use your Berkey water for everything! After I purchased my Berkey I noticed I was also drinking way more water! However, it is important to keep in mind that you should be refilling your system at least every other day. Having a hard time using up all the water in two days? Berkey water doesn’t have to be used just for drinking! Check out these 40 other ways to use your purified water!
- Water plants
- Water for pets – Your pets can taste the difference. My cats won’t go near tap water!
- Wash produce
- Kombucha – Are you loving the healthy benefits of Kombucha as much as I am? This fermented tea is packed full of probiotics!
- Making Coffee or Tea – I swear my coffee tastes so much smoother and rich when I use Berkey water!
- Making Ice cubes
- Cooking- boiling pasta, soups, etc.
- Make homemade soap and home products
- Nut Butters – When making your own nut butter you can use Berkey water to soak the nuts.
- Hand-wash only laundry
- Baby Formula
- Essential Oils Diffusers
- Shower – our Berkey shower filter removed 99% of free chlorine! I also noticed that my skin and hair is much softer after using the shower filter.
- Brush teeth
- Wash face
- Sprout seeds/vegetables
- Household CleaningCanning/preserving food
- Filtering rainwater
- Fermented foods
- Bathing infants/children
- Coconut Milk
- Almond Milk
- DIY Antibacterial Spray
- Storing for an emergency
- Instant Milk
- Fresh bouquets – I noticed my bouquets will last almost two weeks longer when I put them in Berkey water! And they keep their fresh scent longer too.
- Sharing with family/friends
- In a soda stream
- Hummingbird feeder
- In your camper/tent
- Fill a pitcher in your fridge- never be without cold water! You can refrigerate Berkey water for up to 7 days.
Did we forget something? Feel free to share your Berkey water uses in the comments!
You feed them expensive food, buy them lots of fun toys, they may even sleep on memory foam beds, but do you think about the water you are giving to your fur babies?
Just like humans, cats and dog’s bodies are made up of 80% water. It only makes sense that you would want to provide them with the best H2O possible.
“Remember, if you wouldn’t drink the water coming out of the faucet, you probably shouldn’t give it to your dog. And if the city government tells you not to drink the water, your dog shouldn’t drink it either,” advises PetMD.com.
The same harmful contaminants in tap water are just as susceptible to our pets especially since their bodies are smaller; unsafe drinking water can cause more damage more quickly.
So how can you keep your pets healthy? Start by testing your water. This way you will know exactly what harmful contaminants you and your pets could be ingesting. You can also ask your local water company for a yearly report on your water conditions.
Next, invest in a water filter and provide your pets with the filtered water. Berkey Systems removes bacteria and viruses at 99.99% while allowing healthy minerals (such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium) to remain. Your pets will appreciate this extra benefit!
Finally, frequent cleaning of your pet’s water dish will keep away bacteria and mold. We recommend giving their food and water dishes a good clean with warm soapy water every few days.
You and your pets will taste the difference. If the water tastes better, it will only encourage your animals to drink more water, keeping them from getting dehydrated!
So, go ahead and keep spoiling your four legged friends. Give them the filtered water! They will thank you in sloppy kisses, sweet purrs, and wagging tails!
Photo credit 1st photo: @melissayogi1111
Photo credit 2nd photo: @inhonorofmotherhood