Say No to Plastic!
Deciding to eliminate plastic bottled water from your life is no easy task. Knowing what goes into producing bottled water may help encourage you to limit your bottled water usage if you haven't already done so. Some would say drinking bottled water is a healthy choice when compared to drinking chemically added municipal tap water. But is drinking bottled water a viable health solution, or is it causing dangerous repercussions for our Earth's future?
The Cost Comparison
The price of bottled water is not something many think about, but when you add up all the water that you drink, it can get costly. The cost of 6,000 gallons worth of bottled water can be purchased for around $3,420 at a local membership warehouse store. 90% of bottled water pricing is due to bottling the water, packing the cases, and shipping the crates out to retailers.
How crazy is the price of bottled water compared to 2¢ per gallon of Berkey Water? One set of Black Berkey Filters costs $120, and can be cleaned up to 100 times! With a lifespan of up to 6,000 gallons, Berkey filters will not only save you money in the long run, but it will also help our environment by helping eliminate single-use plastic water bottles!
Did you know that many bottled water companies have been known to bottle regular tap water? These companies advertise bottles to be fresh, clean, and healthy water from a mountain spring when in actuality, it may just be the same water you have coming out of your faucet! Also, 93% of bottled water companies have been found to contain microplastic particles. Read more on this contamination issue of here.
Berkey Filter systems utilize powerful advanced filters that we call Black Berkey Filters. The Black Berkey filters used in all of our systems take water filtration to a new level. They can filter out bacteria >99.9999%, viruses >99.999%, as well as 200+ other contaminants that have been independently tested to be removed.
Here are some bottled water facts that show a few of the significant issues that the bottled water industry is producing.
More Bottled Water Facts!
- • 29X MORE EXPENSIVE than Berkey filtered water
- • At its lowest price per gallon bottled water costs $0.57
- • It takes three liters of water to bottle one bottle of water.
- • Every second, an estimated 1,500 plastic bottles end up as waste in landfills or thrown in the ocean.
- • Plastic is listed as the number one threat to our marine ecosystem.
- • Plastic bottles may be BPA-Free but have been known to contain chemicals such as phthalates.
- • Every piece of plastic ever made is still around today.
Berkey Water Facts!
- • Berkey Water costs $0.02 a gallon
- • 6,000 gallon or 5-6 year lifespan
- • Filters can be cleaned up to 100 times
- • Berkey system chambers are constructed from high polished 304 Stainless Steel
- • Removes Bacteria >99.9999% and viruses >99.999%