The dry winter blues got you down? Dry, cracked knuckles and skin are common in winter months. During cold and flu season, frequent hand-washing and sanitizing make it worse!!
If your knuckles are cracked and bleeding it may be a sign that you need more than just lotion. You may be dehydrated to boot! Did you know that not drinking enough water will just make your dry skin worse? 😧 🤯
Our Six Favorite Hydration Tips.
1. Drink BETTER water. Not all water tastes the same. A lot of people can even distinguish between different brands of bottled water. Drinking water that tastes great will encourage you to drink more and make staying hydrated easier. Water that has been through a Berkey water filter is hands down some of the best, if not THE best, tasting water available.
2. Drink a full glass of water right after waking up. Drinking water at certain times of day can be super efficient for your body. This helps your body get a good start and gets your brain revving for the day. Hot water with lemon is the perfect morning bevvy! You will also want to drink water between meals and with your meals to aid in digestion.
3. Add some zip to your water. Make things a little more exciting by adding fruit, herbs, or veggies to your water. Try this: Fill a pitcher at night with Berkey water, slices of fresh (or frozen) strawberries, and cucumbers or lemons as well as a few mint leaves. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and in the morning your taste buds will thank you!
4. Track Your Water. Set an alarm on your phone throughout the day to remind you to drink, or even install a water tracking app! Though it can vary, the general rule of thumb is to drink 2-3 cups of water per hour.
5. Always have water on hand! Especially at work, it can be easy to put off drinking water until your next break. Not drinking enough water at work will slow down your energy and can impact your performance.
6. Increase Water intake when Exercising. If you exercise regularly, make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your exercise routine. Aim for 7-10 oz about every 15-20 minutes during your workout.
Why does the quality of water matter?
Making sure to drink plenty of water that is good for you and you will see improvement in your skin, hair, and energy levels rather quickly. Your entire body needs water to function properly. For something THAT important why would you settle for water that is just, well, Meh. Toxins and chemicals taste like, you guessed it, toxic chemicals. Not to mention they contribute to all kinds of health problems. Get your hydration routine started off right by using a Berkey filtration system and get, not only great tasting water, but water that is the healthiest option for your body.