Water, margaritas, and tacos all have something in common. Starting with a quality product is the first and in my opinion, the most important ingredient!
These days we have been doing a lot of cooking from home. Let's zest up your supper, put a little fun, and zing into a night spent in the comforts of your home!!!
Margaritas and Tacos done the Berkey way is a sure-fire way to light up your night!!! Here are some simple steps to having an amazing fiesta at home!!
-Here is what you will need:
▪️ 3 Ounces tequila ( preferably 100% agave)
▪️1 Teaspoon orange liqueur- (I like Cointreau)
▪️2 Ounces freshly squeezed lime juice- (Organic if you can)
▪️1 Tablespoon salt- (Pink Himalayan if it is in the cupboard)
▪️1 Ounce Berkey Simple Syrup- (1 cup sugar with 1 cup Berkey water in a small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring until sugar is dissolved )
Berkey Ice cubes
1. Fill Berkey water in your favorite silicone ice tray
How to put it together Yield: 1 serving.
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with Berkey Ice.
2. Add tequila, Berkey Simple Syrup, orange liqueur, lime juice, and shake, shake, shake!
3. Separately, place salt on a plate.
4. Take a lime slice and rub it across the rim of a Rocks or Margarita glass.
5. Place the rim of the glass on the salty plate.
6. Pour contents of shaker into the freshly salted glass, or tumblette, garnish with a lime slice. Enjoy!!!!
Make it your own!
The Berkey Ice, glass, and garnish you use is a perfect way to add personal flair and expression! Make it your own!
3 ways to use Berkey Ice in your margarita!
1. Traditional Berkey cubes, a classic on the Rocks margarita!
2. Crushed or shaved Berkey Ice, a little extra work but a personal favorite!
3. Frozen, place Berkey Ice cubes and other ingredients in the blender! Fire it up, sip it down! Make it your own!
Fun things to add a little dash or splash.
Throw in a splash of pineapple juice, Sprite, or orange juice to your margarita !!! You can mix all 3 in any combination and use this as a substitute for alcohol! Now you have a refreshing and delicious mocktail!
Make it your own! The Garnish!!!
You can slice up limes any which way to make a fun garnish! Lime wheels, lime slices, lime corners, Lime twists! Sweet tooth?
Mix in a little sugar with your salt to get that sweet and salty rim! Or keep the sugar separate and do half and half. Half your rim is salt, the other sugar!!
-Here is what you will need
▪️1lb ground beef (Free Range, grass-fed if you can)
▪️1 tablespoon chili powder
▪️1 teaspoon ground cumin
▪️3/4 teaspoon salt
▪️1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
▪️1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
▪️1/4 teaspoon black pepper
▪️1/4 cup Berkey Water
▪️1/2 cup tomato sauce
▪️Taco shells- Soft flour tortillas or hard shells
▪️Toppings- All the goodies you love on your tacos
Here is what to do.
1. Begin with a freshly made Berkey Margarita. Sip as needed throughout your cooking process. (optional)
2. Breakout your favorite large skillet (I like castiron for my tacos).
3. Crank up the heat to medium-high.
4. Toss in your quality ground beef and break that meat up.
5. Time to add your seasonings, stir well.
6. Let those goodies cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the meat cooked through.
7. This is a good time for another sip of your margarita (optional).
8. Turn that heat down to medium.
9. Time to add your tomato sauce and Berkey Water. Give it a good stir with your wooden spoon.
10. Cook for another 7 minutes.
11. Don't let your margarita distract you, keep stirring, almost done!!!
12. Once some of the liquid has evaporated and the mix is still a little saucy, kick off the heat.
13. Warm-up your taco shells, scoop in some of that taco meat and pile on those toppings.
Make it your own
Toppings, this is your signature, how you make the taco uniquely yours! What one puts on top of their taco says a lot about the person. Are you a light and fresh veggie topper?? Are you a rich and decadent, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, and atomic hot sauce topper? Are you like me, somewhere in between??? Toppings are your time to get wild and crazy. No judgment here!
Some classic go-to toppings.
▪️pico de gayo
Whatever feels and tastes good! What I love about our Berkey Margaritas and Tacos is they are relatively easy and forgiving recipes. There is room for improvisation, fun, mistakes, and personal expression!
The other most important ingredient in all this is fun, relaxation, and quality time with those dearest to you!