How To Tighten the Berkey Spigot
Installing the White Washer
Once you have disassembled the spigot, if necessary...
- Remove all washers and the hex nut from your spigot.
- Install the white washer with the beveled edge towards the stainless steel container
- Insert the threaded nipple of the Berkey Spigot into the hole in the bottom of your Berkey system.
- Install the black washer and then the hex nut onto the threaded nipple of the spigot.
- Turn the spigot until it is upside down as shown.
- Tighten the hex nut hand tight.
- Make sure the nut is still tight and grasp it tightly.
- Grab hold of the spigot from the outside and turn it clockwise 1/2 turn to the upright position, while holding the hex nut on the inside to prevent it from spinning.
- Berkey Water Filter Performance
- Water Filter Comparison
- Filtration Specifications
- How Berkey Purifies
- Water Filter vs Water Purifier
- Berkey vs Katadyn Water Filters
- Berkey vs Pur Water Filters
- Berkey vs Brita Water Filters